Respiratory Health – Pulmonology
We have specialists trained in the best Colombian, North American, and European institutions, with great experience in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of pulmonary and respiratory system diseases, among which are:
- Vascular Diseases in the Lung: We have professional experts in the field of Pulmonary Hypertension and Lung Vascular Malformations, who coordinate nationally the Colombian Network of Pulmonary Hypertension with precision guidance to the pharmacological and surgical management of these diseases.
- Pulmonary Thromboembolism – PTE: We handle a multidisciplinary interaction in the treatment of Acute and Chronic Pulmonary Embolism with Conventional Anticoagulation Therapies such as Intraluminal Thrombectomy with suction catheters and Percutaneous Intraluminal Fibrinolysis. In urgent or chronic cases, we have expert surgeons in Open Thrombectomy and Thromboendarterectomy, with excellent results in terms of survival and clinical outcomes
- Lung Cancer: Our standards are based on adequate staging and multidimensional treatment, including Cancer Surgery, Narrow Field Radiotherapy, Radiosurgery, Conventional Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Biological Drugs of specific tumor types, and comprehensive rehabilitation.
- Obstructive Diseases (Asthma and COPD): We offer diagnostic, therapeutic, and comprehensive rehabilitation care for patients with Pulmonary Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, Fibrotic Sequelae, and all Obstructive Diseases associated or not with tobacco and exposure to wood smoke at home.
- Functional Respiratory Tests and Exercise: We evaluate the functional muscle reserve (strength and endurance) of respiratory muscles, with patents for the invention of related devices and treatment of weakness and fatigue.
We have 6 devices specifically designed for their treatment:
- Diagnostic and Interventional Respiratory Endoscopy: We have a high-quality service of Bronchoscopic Intervention performed by expert professionals with high-pressure dilation balloons, Insertion of self-expandable metal or silicone Intraluminal devices (Stents), Holmium Laser, Argon Plasma, and Electrocautery, all applied in the standardized ways for the treatment of Benign Stenosis, Cancer, Foreign Bodies or Airway Compression, acute or chronic.
- Respiratory Rehabilitation: We have professionals in the treatment of muscular diseases related to the lung, chronic respiratory pathologies, and sequels of acute respiratory diseases.
- Advanced Management of Pulmonary Hypertension: The techniques and procedures available to this unit are Diagnosis and Monitoring of Pulmonary Hypertension (Acute and Chronic), Electrocardiography, Cardiac Troponin Markers and BNP, 3D Echocardiography, M and B Mode Echocardiography, Walking Test, Integrated Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test, Pulmonary Catheterization, 3D Echocardiography, and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance.
Why choose us?
- Diagnosis and treatment of all types of respiratory diseases.
- We work together with several specialties to provide comprehensive care.
- Expertise in the management of critical patients by a team of specialists with national and international training.
- Leaders in the invention and development of pneumology devices.
- Experience in research and participation in clinical studies worldwide.
- References in the training of professionals in this specialty, with participation in more than 15 doctoral theses and 150 scientific articles published in national and international journals.